How to buy your bolt-on balconyTo purchase a bolt-on balcony is now easy.
- First, decide if you want a true balcony, a faux balcony, or a guardrail balcony.
- Secondly, go to the selector, check the pictures, and click on the looks you like.
- Third, make the choices for your particular case by selecting the appropriate fields.
- Once you are happy with your preferences, please go through the check-out process, making sure you open an account with us to communicate more efficiently.
Nevertheless, we think that there are other things that you need to know about how we do business, and we list them here.Stock balconiesWe fabricate our bolt-on balconies upon request.However, we carry a limited amount of stock ready to ship. If you want to purchase a stock balcony, please go to balcony specials or our eBay store.DiscountsWe offer automatic bulk discounts straight from the balcony selector.When you buy more than one balcony of the same kind, you will get a discount break depending on the quantity. If you are making a more significant purchase, you can fill out an estimate request form, and we will get you the best possible quote. You can also find specific coupon codes that we share under "balcony specials" to use at check out.Balcony specialsOn the "specials" page, you will find a list of balconies that are boxed ready to ship. Some of them might be older models or retired showroom models that we sell for less, but for the most part, are just balconies in stock at regular pricing. Balconies that we have decided to promote include a picture and a coupon code. Click on the image, and it will take you to the selecting page. Please check the description to understand what you are buying since you cannot customize the order. If you want a customized order, please use the balcony selector. Buying a true balconyFind here a summary of what you are going to need to get one of our Dec-Iron true balconies installed on your home:
- Finding the right contractor: Our balconies do not require welding or special skills to get them installed. However, the contractor needs to be experienced in framing walls and sealing the house from the outside. Your contractor follows the written and video instructions we provide. Our balconies are a proven system installed thousands of times throughout the nation; the critical issues are constructing the wall and the proper installation.
- Getting a permit: You can download our permit engineering data file by following this link. Many times this document is enough for your city to issue a permit in your favor. However, some cities will require that a local engineer signs it off.
- Selecting your balcony: Decide first the size balcony you are going to need. For that, you need to know the french door size. That will give you the minimum required balcony width. You could buy a wider balcony but not a smaller one. Find out the local code requirements to find the rail height that you need. Commercial height is 42 inches minimum, and residential height is 36 inches minimum. However, the State of California requires 42 inches in both cases. The balcony depth depends on the use you want to give to the balcony; 36" and 48" deep are the most comfortable depths since it allows a dinette and two people comfortably. We also provide the 24" deep option that will enable you to stand on it. Up to 94" in with our balconies do not need lower brackets since they hang from the side rails. However, some cities may require them, and therefore we provide them—the same with diagonal tensioners. Make these choices on our True Balconies Smart Selector.
- Ordering your balcony: After making your choices on the True Balcony Smart Selector, hit the add to cart button and finalize the check-out process. You can also fill out an estimate request form and get an estimate from us via email. If you like what you see, there is a payment option. You may also call and ask any further questions and pay over the phone.
- Status updates: The Balcony Company will send you periodic status updates up until shipping.
- Shipping process: Our preferred shipping provider is FedEx Freight. However, for larger orders, we send our driver or a common flatbed carrier. In any case, we provide the proper insurance all the time. If the crate or carton seems damaged, you may refuse the product, and we will replace it as soon as possible. Keep in mind that the default shipping charges do not include additional services such as liftgate or inside delivery. You may add such services by calling us ahead of time.
- Installation of your True Balcony: Please watch the installation video. After you have done so, follow its instructions one by one. If you need further assistance call us.
- Register your warranty: Your warranty starts at the moment of purchase and expires in one year. That is for the finish; we warrant the fabrication for life. However, it is good for you to register your warranty with us by simply sending us pictures of the installed balcony; this will make your warranty start when you do that. Please send us an email and, along with the photos, say that you want to register the warranty with us. We will send you a coupon code and a thank you gift for the lovely pictures.
- Please give us feedback: After the process is complete, we will send you a google link to write a review of your experience with us.
Specs sheets We are starting to upload the specs sheets for every balcony we sell, and you should be able to find them under downloads. If you don't, please get in touch with us by filling out a contact form, and we will send you the information you need. Warranty Our warranty protects you for life. The finish has a one-year warranty, and we offer a lifetime warranty for the structure.