Blacksmith's knuckle Balcony
Old school design, the Blacksmith's Knuckle balcony, takes you to the beauty of genuine wrought iron. Although we build it with modern techniques and its finish is the same as all our balconies, we have added other features to give it a more traditional look.
The knuckles "belong" to the baluster instead of the weld-on type that we regularly use. The top has a nice molded cap, and the brackets are extra thick and robust, giving the appearance of hand-forged scrollwork.
For its final touch, the platform has nail heads on the front and sides.
If you are interested in a balcony with a traditional look, this is the way to go.
* Meets the International Building code both geometrically and structurally.
* You are purchasing a proven bolt-on balcony system approved by many cities and engineers throughout the nation.
* Standard hardware is included
* Solid pickets/balusters
* Specs and engineering data sheets are available here.
* Balcony Lengths choose from 58", 70", 82" and up to 154" wide.
* Custom measuring: use the "add inches" feature to add width in inch
increments. We have built up to 16' width balconies.
* Choose as an option to add lower structural brackets. They are not needed for balconies up to 94 inches in width if the upper brackets are correctly installed.
* 1" allowance for floor extension on both available sizes 36" and 42" H.
* Custom balconies and bulk orders: fill out this estimate request form.
(We offer great discounts)
* Need railings matching sections? Go to the iron railings store.
* Finish: Weatherproof double powder-coated (1-year specific warranty)
- 1 st powder coat: Zinc rich primer (similar to galvanization)
- 2nd coat: Polyester high resistant powder coat.
* Shipping: Ships FedEx Freight to all continental US
* Choose to upgrade warranty on the finish up to 5 years.
NOT A STOCK ITEM. IT TAKES 4 TO 6 WEEKS TO SHIP.